4 cups flour
1 1/4 cup water (warm)
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 pound shrimp (shelled, deviened and coarsely chopped)
2 large napa cabbage leaves (salted, drained, rinsed and finely diced)
2 green onions (finely sliced)
2 tablespoons bamboo shoot (finely diced)
2 tablespoons ginger (finely diced)
1 tablespoon garlic (finely diced)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Mix the flour and water in a food processor until incorporates.
2. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth while you let it rest for 30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough into long cylinders about 1 1/2 inches thick and cut the cylinders into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. Flatted the pieces with the palm of your hand forming discs and then rolled them out to about 2 inch diameter.
6. Mix the pork, shrimp, cabbage, green onions, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
7. Place a small spoonful of the filling in the center of the wrapper, fold the two sides over the center and pleat the edges to seal the filling in.
8. Heat some oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the dumplings and fry until their bottoms are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
9. Carefully add 1/2 cup of water, cover and steam until the water has disappeared, about 3-5 minutes.
10. Uncover had cook for another 2 minutes over medium low heat.
8. Place the dumplings on the well greased surface of the steamer, or on cabbage leaves and steam until cooked, about 6 minutes.
8. Boil the dumplings until they float to the surface, about 3-5 minutes.